IT Support Engineer
|Job title:||IT Support Engineer|
|Contact name:||Vinesh Vijayananthan|
Our Client is a leading Travel Company headquartered in the heart of London. We are looking for a customer orientated IT Support Engineer to join a growing IT team. Supporting approximately 200 users, you will be responsible for supporting internal users with IT issues as well as being involved in various IT projects that will be ongoing at any time.
About the Role:
You will be the first point of contact on the helpdesk providing 1st and 2nd line support for in-house applications, windows systems and various other IT systems. This will involve following established policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in delivering service to staff.
To be successful, you will have excellent communication skills as well as proven technical knowledge gained within a commercial IT environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with desktop and server environments with the following systems: Windows 10, 7, MS Office systems and various Windows Server versions
- Working with Antiviruses, malware detection and prevention
- Experience of active directory user management including group policies
- Exchange 2013 experience mainly administration and troubleshooting of mailboxes, connectivity, etc
- Understanding and troubleshooting of networking technologies and be able to troubleshoot Lan & Wan environments
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and other networking concepts
- Network patching & cabling
- Experience in Network Security and concepts
- Experience with Sql databases and web services such as IIS
- Basic understanding of VOIP concepts and experience in telephony Mitel/Avaya, preferably within a call centric type of environment and understands, hunt groups, call flows, home working, etc
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent troubleshooting skills - desktops and servers mainly MS windows environment
- Strong awareness of IT Security and standards/updates.
- Record keeping, administration tasks and documentation.
- Customer facing skills including working in a calm & assured manner when working on critical issues
Due to a high number of applications, ONLY successful applications will be contacted.
Please note, by applying to this job vacancy, you agree that TMS Talent may hold your personal details on our secure database for the sole purpose of helping you with future employment. We will never pass your details to a 3rd parties without your written permission. You have the right to request for your details to be removed at any time, please contact us and we will action immediately