Meetings and Events Executive
|Job title:||Meetings and Events Executive|
|Contact name:||Tony Yerasimou|
Meeting and Events Executive
£31,000 + Benefits
What a fantastic opportunity our client is offering, based in the City of London with great train links making it easy to get to the office!
You will be responsible for organising and managing a number of exciting events which range in size, type and location! Most will take place in the UK, but there will be a small number staged abroad. The events include, conferences, dinners, golf and spa days, roadshows and corporate hospitality.
The events you will be involved in managing, some will be small (i.e. attended by c. 6 people) and other larger events (450 people).
As a Meeting and Events Executive you will undertake an array of tasks & responsibilities which include:
- Manage (both independently and in conjunction with colleagues) a number of different meetings and events from pre-planning stage to on-site organisation
- Have end to end responsibility for the events, including the management of sponsorship, budgetary control
- Be creative in helping the business re-invigorate its events to ensure they are relevant, engaging and fun.
- Source suitable venues, negotiate contracts, liaise with venues during planning to ensure the smooth running of an event
- Manage budgets to ensure events produce a healthy profit and stay within budget. To do this you will need work closely with the commercial team to secure sponsorship and fulfil packages
- Liaise with external business partners to provide services required for an event such as speakers, entertainment, conference materials, welcome gifts etc.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure events are delivered to their specification. Attend event planning meetings and take minutes
- Send out invites and manage RSVP’s for events. Liaise with and answer queries from delegates
- Brief business partners to produce conference collateral
- Attend events to ensure the smooth running and be able to rectify problems should they arise
- UK and overseas travel will be required
- Be a full participant in Business Development Team activities in order to improve business knowledge
- Attend member meetings/dinners
- Attend weekly and monthly Business Development meetings
- Attend one to one member business development meetings
- Build event registration sites using Cvent and other systems
With a LONG LIST of Benefits including a day off for your Birthday and Birthday Vouchers, Pizza afternoons, FREE fruit, Fantastic Team what are you wating for, apply NOW!
For a fully confidential discussion on this Meeting and Events Executive Job, please apply ASAP.
Due to a number of applications, only successful applicants can be contacted
Please note, by applying to this job vacancy, you agree that TMS TALENT may hold your personal details on our secure database for the sole purpose of helping you with future employment. We will never pass your details to a 3rd parties without your written permission. You have the right to request for your details to be removed at any time, please contact us and we will action immediately.