|Job title:||Operations Executive|
|Contract type:||Full Time|
|Contact name:||Perry Gray|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for somebody with a Travel Industry background to take their next career step. You will be providing flexible operational support, as an extension to the Global Helpdesk & Global Duty Office of our client.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with queries and communicating effectively with team members from other departments via various means such email, telephone and Live chat.
- Problem solving – Dealing with system & human errors quickly and efficiently.
- Assisting staff with the systems used daily.
- Pro-actively chasing information from direct contracts and suppliers whilst building and maintaining effective relationships. This will also include chasing confirmation of on request bookings.
- Assist both consultants and where appropriate their clients with any in resort issues.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, Consolidated and published tickets.
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes and then assisting Consultants with amending or cancelling any affected ground components
- Issue new flight tickets
- Working to a rotating shift pattern, which will eventually include providing 24/7 support on a rota basis.
- Obtaining rates and checking availability via the in-house booking system.
- Providing quotes for amendments and cancellations to both in house package bookings and individually quoted ground components e.g. Hotels transfers, car hire etc. and then process accordingly.
- Investigation of any XML queries
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Operations Management team
- Supporting other departments
This role will evolve over time into a fully 24/7 support that will be available 365 days a year, but initially the hours/shifts will be varied so you will be flexible (hours to be discussed at interview). Providing exceptional customer service is the main focus, as both the Helpdesk & the Duty Office are the main point of contact for all consultants needing support & guidance with any day to day issues or supporting them with any in resort issues or emergency situations. You will be required to support the duty office in monitoring worldwide events and alerts from other Trade Partners. You will then be proactive in running reports to identify any bookings affected and communicating updates to the consultants.
- Experience of working in the Travel Industry
- Flexibility to work unusual hours /out of hours support (24/7 on a rotating shift pattern) including night shifts (40 hours per week)
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable)
- Understanding of fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, consolidated and published tickets
- Ability to issue flight tickets.
- High Standard of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Problem solving
- The successful candidate will be organised, a good listener, a clear communicator and a relationship builder that shares our client’s passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- You should enjoy working as part of a team but be able to organise your own workload and be pro-active.
- Experience of ticket re-issues and fare building (desirable)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to ourT&C