Travel Operations Manager
|Job title:||Travel Operations Manager|
|Contact name:||Elena Ktori|
Fantastic opportunity to join a adventure travel specialist recruiting in their operations team. This fantastic small business prides itself on it friendly, fun office full of dedicated and passionate staff.
As an Operations Manager you will undertake an array of tasks & responsibilities:
- Negotiating with ground handlers to contract services at competitive prices
- Liaising with ground handlers with regards to allocations, rooming requirements and any additional services required
- Ensuring standards of safety and quality are adhered to in all aspects of tour operation, and overseeing our Health and Safety systems, Crisis Management and Risk Assessments
- Assisting with Managing and overseeing the Contravention of tours
- Assist with Tour Leader Allocations contracts and training
- Assisting in organising Staff & Tour Leader Travel Insurance
- Mentoring and assisting Junior members of the team
- Assisting the Head of Operations with general departmental management issues
- Creating client literature and maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of all such documentation including tour itineraries, pre-departure information (PDI) docs as well as web copy.
- Quoting, holding and booking flights for Tour Leaders
- Preparation of pre-tour paperwork for tour leaders including accounts
- Briefing & Debriefing tour-leaders to ensure that tours are maintained and tweaked to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction are adhered to
- Keeping Sales and clients informed with regards to any tour changes
Operations Manager Skill attributes:
- A passion for travel and a solid understanding of the often complex nature of adventure travel organisation
- Ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Good knowledge of travel geography, itineraries and visas.
- Attention to detail, ability to plan ahead.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Customer service capabilities, able to deal with a variety of clients.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Patience and persistence in dealing with foreign countries and getting answers.
- Excellent telephone manner, with excellent written and spoken English.
To apply for this Operations Manager Job, please apply ASAP and Elena will contact you IF YOUR Application has been successful
Please note, by applying to this job vacancy, you agree that TMS Talent may hold your personal details on our secure database for the sole purpose of helping you with future employment. We will never pass your details to a 3rd parties without your written permission. You have the right to request for your details to be removed at any time, please contact us and we will action immediately.